MacBook Pro Supply Contraints - Further Hint at Refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luis.s, Jan 22, 2010.

1. luis.s macrumors newbie

Like many others, I am holding out for the next MacBook Pro update before buying one... It'll be my first mac so I'm pretty excited :)

I was at a Harvey Norman store yesterday (Hastings, New Zealand) and went to look at MacBook Pros, only to find a sign saying "Sorry NO MacBook Pros are available. Orders CANNOT be taken due to supply constraints" . I took a photo on my phone which is attached.

Is this another suggestion that they will be updated soon? What do people think?

Attached Files:

2. luis.s thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been following that :)

It's just there haven't been many news stories with actual hints that they are going to be updated, that's just based on the average amount of time between updates.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

im sure the gossip merchants and rumor mills will start working overtime sometime soon ;) just watch this space lol

5. luis.s thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been getting sick of the "Should I buy a MBP now or wait?" threads, so when i saw that sign i was pretty pleased to be able to create one that was different haha

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I'm sure things will happen once the tablet hoopla is over in a few days. New hardware is available and Apple's only competitive computer right now is the iMac. Once Apple is done milking the media, they can get around to upgrading their computers.

7. coast1ja macrumors 6502

yes! This sign makes that question irrelevant... should I buy now???... oh wait, you can't!

8. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

This.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Apple usually warns suppliers (not necessarily for MBPs though) about stock levels.
    The easiest hint of a refresh is the fact it's been nearly 8 months and the cycle of refresh has been that length of time pretty regularly making it likely soon.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Inventory supplies seems to ebb and flow without any real reason. Sometimes it means a refresh is imminent sometimes it just means they're out of stock.

I'd not put too much emphasis on this or jump to any conclusions because they're out of stock

11. luis.s thread starter macrumors newbie

The fact that it said "Orders cannot be taken" seemed to suggest they wouldn't be getting those models again, but maybe you are right and their wording is just bad... Their grammar isn't the best haha

12. Mister9 macrumors regular

13. DaWooster macrumors member

Is it just me, or are all the MBP constraints all in Europe? I haven't heard several stories in that area, but not a thing in the states.

14. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

Agreed... BUT, this happening right before a major Apple event as well as MBPs being due for an update and supposedly even Amazon running low? Now that's more promising.

15. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Amazon is fully in stock and all are being sold by Amazon. I just checked.

:(

16. bsizz234 macrumors member

I thought someone said earlier they were almost out.... they must have just gotten stock of the new ones :D

17. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

No. They weren't. Whoever said that was wrong. I checked as soon as he posted and they were all in stock and selling from Amazon.

.. and no change.

18. luis.s thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I can assure you this one isn't in Europe... The exact opposite side of the world in fact :p