Macbook Pro Swap Refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yomiel, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Yomiel macrumors newbie

So I made a thread here a few days ago regarding some minor cosmetic gripes I had with my laptop, and I swapped the unit today at the store (taking advantage of Apple's generous 14 day replacement policy) with generally good results, but it did make me wonder, when they replace these models, do they give refurb/repaired models or new ones? I would have assumed new, and they essentially handed me the same exact same sealed box as last time, but the contents seemed dirtier than before, and the computer has a very small nick on the front that seems characteristic of previous use. I noticed complaints here from users who did many swaps and still had odd little quality issues, so it does make me wonder. Either way, I'm very glad to have a good working computer, but I am curious.

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

If they handed you a sealed box with pictures on it just like your first new Mac had, it was new. Refurbished units come in plain white or brown boxes and are usually not stocked in stores.

3. Studflower macrumors member

Nope, they give you a brand new one. Refurbs come in generic white boxes.
    If you're not happy with the second one (if there was a nick in) then return it and get another one.