Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulhannon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hi

My 4/5 month old MBP has twice now "gone dead" and then just "come back to life"

I'll just be browsing, nothing flash heavy and nothing else too taxing on the processor (email, itunes open but not playing, maybe text edit) and for no reason obvious to me the screen goes dead/black along with the back light on the keyboard dying. Then 2secs later the whole thing starts up again right were it left off, not a system restart like you might get if the battery dies, but the same way it would if you had physically pulled up the screen while it's been asleep.

I treat the thing like a priceless artwork so it cant be down to physical abuse etc.

Im quite concerned by this as I dj live off this computer and cant afford for this to happen to me at a gig!

Any help? Thanks.

Mac OS X version 10.6.2
2.53 Ghz Intel core 2 duo
4GB Memory

ThrawnTHX

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2009
You could attempt to troubleshoot this from a software perspective, but it's likely a faulty logic board. Since it's 4-5 months old, I wouldn't waste any time taking back to the Apple Store and trying to get it replaced.

paulhannon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hey thanks for the quick reply, just a little confused though.

Are you saying it could be a logic board problem but not to go to apple to get it fixed? Why?

Thanks.

Salmar

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Florida
Paul, I don't think he said not to take it back to Apple to get fixed. He suggested not to waste any time taking it back to them is the way I interpreted it.

paulhannon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Paul, I don't think he said not to take it back to Apple to get fixed. He suggested not to waste any time taking it back to them is the way I interpreted it.

Hey

I still don't get that though. Why would it be a waste of time? Should I just put up with it and let it go dead on me during a gig? or Will they not fix it?

Im missing something aren't I?

Thanks guys for the replies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.