Macbook Pro takes very long to boot up.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remybrooks, Oct 30, 2012.

1. remybrooks macrumors member

Hi,

I have a 13" i7 mid 2012 MBP with 8gb of RAM and this is the 3rd time I have had problems with booting up my mac. When this happens it takes at least 20 minutes for my mac to boot up. Once it finally does start it works fine and the next time I go to turn it on it boots up fine. Its just occasionally that this happens. I have gone to my recovery HD when this happens and repaired the disk and disk permissions but Disk Utility says its all fine. I'm also using BootXchange so I thought that might be the problem so I deleted BootXChange but the changes icon (coloured apple) still appears. I doubt thats the problem anyway.

Thanks for the help.

-Remy

2. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

My MacBook takes about 30 seconds to boot up. Crazy fast.

3. ZenErik macrumors 6502

Back up your data and take it to Apple. Sounds like it should still be under warranty.

4. nitromac macrumors 6502

mine takes 7 :D

5. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Definitely call Apple or take it in to the nearest store. It sounds like a bad hard drive, despite Disc Utility saying everything is fine. You could try running Onyx and see if it fixes any problems. If you are on Mountain Lion this is the link...http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx and for Lion the link is just to the right of Download Now, notice the 10.7 below Download Older Version.

----------

That's of no help to the OP.

----------

I would give both of you negatives if MR had a thumbs down button.

6. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

:(

7. blatopilot macrumors regular

If you are not exaggerating on a 20 minutes startup, don't even bother troubleshooting. Go straight to the Apple Store.