MacBook Pro tb, slow or faulty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hanspetter123, Mar 29, 2017.

1. hanspetter123 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm now on my 3rd MacBook Pro touchbar, all of them 13' with 16gb ram and rest standard.

Let me start by saying that I also have a 2012 MacBook Pro with upgraded ram and ssd which seems faster and better in every way except from the extremely bad screen, and some unrelated issues with the fan.

I'm having ALOT of performance issues, and have had with all of them. I've read some threads on the forum, but I don't really know what to do next.

All of them have had the problem with certain keys getting "stuck" seemingly at random and worse when it gets hot. the keyboard also seems somewhat inconsistent between keys where they all require somewhat different amounts of pressure, which is extremely annoying, but I don't know if that is considered a drawback of the new, slimmer keyboard or an actual manufacturing defect.

I also have a lot of minor bugs which are extremely annoying. e.g.
    1. Youtube keeps not wanting to load videos
    2. Eclipse runs extremely slow. scrolling, resizing window, etc. gives extreme lagg
    3. sometimes typing is delayed. this happens everywhere.
    4. "stuttering" when switching between dashboards.

Are these all just drawbacks of a new computer running a new OS or is there something wrong? is there anywhere I can check the computers performance? I'm just tired of my MacBook feeling like the windows laptop I had 10 years ago. (maybe not that bad, but you get my point). I suspect my computer is as "fast" as it should be, but not as "snappy"

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I'd definitely get Apple to look at the keyboard. That's hardware and they'll sort that out.

With regards to videos not loading, again that's not normal. But we can run through some basic troubleshooting on that:

1) Which Internet browser are you using? Do the issues persist on a different browser?
    2) Is the OS fully up to date?
    3) Is your router's wireless encryption set to WPA2-PSK (WPA2-AES) only? No mixed/legacy mode?
    4) System uptime OK (time since last shutdown?) Try shutting down with reopen windows when logging back in unticked.

Sorry to hear you've had so many issues with it and you're already on your third replacement, though please accept my assurances that what you're experiencing isn't the norm. Do you possibly have an Apple Store or AASP local to you?

All my best. :)

3. leman macrumors 604

Do you maybe have some sort of third-party driver or software that can slow things down? The delayed typing was a bug I have experienced quite often in some early developer previews of 10.11 and 10.12 (that was on a 2015 MBP though). All in all, your laptop certainly should not be this slow. Do you see anything suspicious in System Activity?

4. hanspetter123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using safari, I've disabled plugins, re-installed etc. currently on 10.12.3.
    Thing with the keyboard is, I have read a lot of posts complaining about the same, and the problem have persisted when getting new Macs, so I think it might be more of a design flaw than a fault with my specific Macs. I have multiple computers, and I'm only experiencing the problems with my MacBook tb.
    I am extremely reluctant to get the keyboard "fixed" again as i hate having to transfer all files and set up everything...again. I don't even know if the keyboard is just awful in general of if its a fault with MacBook. Same with the stuttering. What am I going to say? sometimes it takes 0.1 sec to change between backgrounds? sometimes I have to refresh a youtube video?
    It just bugs me that my new MacBook is considerable more annoying to use than my old one.

5. bartvk macrumors 6502

bartvk

Are you aware that you can simply make a Time Machine backup, restore it to another machine and continue working?