macbook pro temperature?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, Dec 31, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

so my macbook pro is almost always in my room. the problem is that at night my room gets the coldest (around high 50's to 60's)
    i dont have a case yet, as school has not started... is this particularly bad form my MBP if I, take my MBP out of my room and move it to family room to use it.
    (the family room is around 70's in the morning)

i have heard of internal condensation, but would this be a problem in my case.
    i guess at night the temp is high 50's than by morning (b/c of the sun) the temp rises slowly to about high 60's, than i move it to family room, mid 70's?

its not below freezing at my house (i live in Southern Cal.), but again wondering if this is right.

thanks

2. dtblaze macrumors regular

it depends on what your doing... ideal for surfing the web is 35-40...youtube is around 50ish and games range depending on their grx intensity usually 70+ centigrade**

3. darknite38, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010

darknite38 macrumors regular

4. Kyffin macrumors 6502

I think he was giving guidance as to how hot the machine might run doing tasks with different levels of CPU intensity- not a recommended operating temperature for certain tasks. (Of course YMMV with ambient temperature.)

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

If your house is very humid, yes, a cold to hot temp shock can result in condensation buildup, but the odds are low and your house would have to be humid to the point in which you feel sticky.

6. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

hey, your macbook pro should not have and issue, my room is usually around 65-68 and i have never had an issue in 4 years of owning a mac. I believe when you run into issues is when its well below freezing and you try to start up the computer, your room is cool but not unreasonably.

7. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68020

shyam09

thanks! i was just afraid. my laptop was really freakin cold in the morning :p

thanks