Macbook Pro time to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac-geeek, May 1, 2011.

1. Mac-geeek macrumors newbie

So I've finally decided to go down the Apple road and get a mac...I'm looking at the Macbook pro and thinking of purchasing this week.
    There is only one thing stopping me. Apparently in the Summer you can get a really good deal student deal where they throw in a ipod touch etc..
    Does this happen every year? Should I wait till the Summer or just buy now?
    When is the best time to buy?

Any advice is appreciated! I'm new to the Apple world!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Starting in late may typically, you can get $200 off any iPod with an education Mac purchase. If you're in college or just going to college, I'd wait for the iPod deal.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If you want an iPod Touch, wait until June, but you usually then have to worry about buying just before a possible fall refresh. If you really want one, get it now.

TEG

4. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

If your a college student waiting 4 to 6 weeks to get a free ipod touch sounds like the best time to buy:D

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Yea... if you want the iPod Touch i'd wait, however if it were me I'd go ahead and get the computer now. If I had the choice of putting my blackbook in a closet and using my windows pc I had before this for 1 month or so to get the computer and an iPod Touch back, I wouldn't do it :)