MacBook Pro... Time to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Singin Hobo, Jun 14, 2008.

  1. Singin Hobo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    #1
    Hey,
    I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen and am looking to replace it soon.

    I can use my wife's MacBook for awhile, but obviously I want to get my hands on the Pro again as soon as possible. I absolutely positively HAVE to have a new computer by mid-August.

    What I want to know is basically, 'what would you do?' Is there any chance of an update to wait for or should I go ahead and satisfy this yearning soon?
     
  2. a4abt macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    Location:
    Miami
    #2
    There will always be updates, so see if the current MBP fits your needs and if it does, buy it and enjoy it as long as possible!
     
  3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #3
    No One except Apple, Apples Engineers in California and Production facilities in China, Intel, and its subsidiaries knows when the next revision of the macbook pro will be released. (My disclaimer)

    With the current revision coming out as late as Feburary, and nothing new announced at WWDC, I doubt a new model will come out relatively soon.

    If you can *make it* until Mid-Augest on your wifes macbook, why not do so? If nothing else, you'll make out with a few months extra on your AppleCare.

    If its work related or such, theres really no sense in waiting.

    I just sold my Rev. 2 Macbook Pro in favor of the Mid range Rev. 3 model. If a new one came out tommorow, I wouldn't be too upset. Tech changes every day, but us common folk have no knowledge of this.

    BTW: Just so its already said, there are a few other threads on here about this very issue so if you wanted some additional information...
     
  4. steeler macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    #4
    The MBP will be updated at some point, but from what I've read recently, it may not happen until late 2008 or early 2009 at the earliest. Apple isn't telling though, so for all I know, they could announce updates tomorrow.

    If I were in your shoes, I'd buy one now instead of waiting. I would watch the refurb store and get the model you want at a great price.
     
  5. CWallace macrumors 603

    CWallace

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #5
    If you can wait until August, you should, since current rumors say that is when the new MBP is likely to make an appearance.

    I couldn't, so I bought a current model.
     
  6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

    Bobioden

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Location:
    Denver
    #6
    Try a search. There are literally 10 or so threads started per day on this subject. if you want one, buy. If not, wait. It is that simple.
     
  7. Kaupa macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    Germany
    #7
    Well, my 6th sense says it will come on 9th of October...
     
  8. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

    Westsider 4 Mac

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    Location:
    On the West Side
    #8
    still waiting...

    speed bump fall 2008
    full refresh 2=3 q 2009:apple:
     

Share This Page