Macbook Pro to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kylelnsn, Apr 19, 2010.

1. kylelnsn macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been waiting and waiting to buy a macbook pro, finally have the money and recent updates make me happy about buying.

But my question how likely is it that they will be updated in June??? and what would you expect to see if so?

Cheers
    Kyle

2. mschaef macrumors newbie

Buy one now if you want it. Seriously. Barring armageddon, there will always be something better to wait for, and these machines were just updated last week. They were nice. The are nicer. If you want a Mac, you'll be very happy with your purchase.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

In my own opinion, Apple will slowly phase out the standard resolution displays in their next refresh; they might do this mid-cycle depending on their plans. I recall they did starting to phase out the 1680x1050 display in their 17" 2 years ago when they started offering a 1920x1200 display. Of course the former was CCFL backlit and the latter LED backlit, but I see Apple moving in that direction.

Apple will not want to upset customers, so they'll probably not update in 2 months time. ;)

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No way in H* will it be updated in June. The earliest an update could come is late Sept or Oct. Apple updates products later rather than sooner.

5. acrafton macrumors 6502

I suspect there will be minor bumps in processor speed this summer prior to the back to school shopping season.