Macbook Pro to DVR Player (Sony rdr-hxd890)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by simongudge, Feb 15, 2014.

1. simongudge macrumors newbie

I want to record what is on the screen of my Macbook Pro (Bought sometime after 2010) to my DVR player which is a Sony rdr-hxd890.

I'm guessing that I will need some sort of wire that would come out of my mini displayport. I'm just wondering if there is one simple wire that will be able to record the video and audio straight to this device.

If there are any other tips or advice to how I could do this, please help me.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

You'd need some type of converter that change the Display Port signal, which is digital, to a format acceptable as input to that DVR.

I doubt you'll find much. And that player accepts only low quality video, so it will look terrible. You're better off buying screen capture software and recording to your Mac's own hard drive, if the point is recording. If you'd then want to play it perhaps you could burn it to DVD.

3. simongudge thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

It was to record stuff straight from the screen of my MacBook. I just find the DVD recording to take so long on my MacBook whereas doing it on my DVR player only seems to take about ten minutes.

Unless there's a wire that can put the files on my DVR to burn as a DVD then I don't know.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If it has HDMI in, you can use a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter