Macbook Pro to HD TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dammi, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Dammi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I realize that similar questions have been asked several times, however I still havent managed to get a clear answer. Thing is: im not very technical to say the least so I cant even tell what ports my pro has. So I've taken a picture. From this picture of my ports, can anyone tell me how i would become able to show movies, with sound, on my HD TV from my macbook pro? Any help is truly appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You want a Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor.

Edit: Actually, that looks like a mini-display port... I don't know if Thunderbolt adaptors are backwards compatible, so I'd look for a mini-display port to HDMI adaptor.

3. LeeM macrumors 6502a

thunderbolt-hdmi adapter, goes in the 4th from the left

4. Java Overlord macrumors newbie

No, as the above guy said that is a mini-display port. Use HDMI-minidisplay port adapter, and like this guy said plug in 4th from the left. You'll probably also have to get an HDMI cable if you don't have one, plug one end into the adapter and the other into the "HDMI out" on your HD TV. CHECK to make sure you have an "HDMI out" on your HD TV first, before you go spending money! If you don't, pick one of whatever you do have an "out" of (AVI is good) and get cables / adapters for that.