Macbook Pro to HDMI tv help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PGotHimselfA40, Apr 22, 2011.

1. PGotHimselfA40 macrumors newbie

I believe questions similar to this one have been asked in the past, but none of them seem to help me directly.
    So, I have a macbook pro and an RCA tv. The tv has an HDMI input so I purchased an HDMI cable and a Dynex Mini DisplayPort HDMI Adapter. When I hook everything up, the tv just shows the purple starry background that you see when at user selection when you start up your mac. How do I change the settings to get the display to show on my tv? It worked at one point, then it just stopped.

2. a random John macrumors member

sounds like it is working. You've got it running as a second monitor rather than mirrored. You can drag windows onto it if you can figure out where it is located relative to your laptop. Usually to the left or right.

Fire up the System Preferences and click "Displays" and you'll get a bunch of options. You can mirror the displays so they both show the same thing, you can also change the relative positions of the displays.

3. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

took me a while to get back to this post, but thanks! you solved my problem.