Macbook Pro to HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Feb 3, 2009.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I bought a macbook pro early 2008 and I just got a dvi to hdmi cable. I tried to plug it to my Panasonic 50 inch hdtv 1080p hdmi port and nothing happens. It's pure black. The Macbook pro recognizes the tv and everything I set the resolution but nothing appears. I thought it was the cable, so I brought my pc box and tried it. Worked 100% fine.

I also plugged my macbook pro with an external monitor with a dvi-dvi cable so I know the output works.

in Sumary:

PC + DVI2HDMI ON TV = works
    MACBOOK PRO + DVI ON EXTERNAL MONITOR = works
    MACBOOK PRO + DVI2HDMI ON TV = BLACK SCREEN

So,im confused and dont really know what the next step is. I really want this to work out.

Thank you for your time and help

2. DJ567 macrumors regular

have you tried getting the mac to mirror the display rather than try and display on the tv as i've found sometimes this doesnt work

also some tvs are only 'designed' to work with a computer via vga it may have just been luck that ur pc works via hdmi (i have a sony that wont work with a computer via hdmi and a samsung that will)

3. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

no because my pc is dvi to hdmi too and mirror display doesn't change anything :(

4. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

so nobody wants to help?

5. THEinORY macrumors newbie

THEinORY

I'm assuming you mean Laptop Out to DVI, then a DVI to HDMI plugged into the DVI?
    If so, then the Apple MacBook might not be transmitting in a format the TV can really see.

Try giving us the Make and model of your TV as well as the two cords you are using for this.

AND! I would like to know what resolution you are trying to pump out via HDMI.

6. areusche macrumors regular

areusche

Hmm I wish I was there to help.

My room mate has the same setup to a Vizio 32 in TV and it immediately recognizes the computer and displays properly.

I would say check to make sure the display settings are set up right on your MBP. Have the resolution be set to something the TV can display.

7. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

My tv is a Panasonic TH-50PZ77U! I am using a macbook pro so I am using one cable dvi2hdmi connected directly into the macbook pro. The Cable is a standard cable I bought at radio shack and it works from my pc's dvi out. Just that nothing appears on my tv using my macbook pro.

The resolution I want to see is 1080p which is 1920 x 1080.

8. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I forgot to mention the macbook pro detects the screen as PANASONIC-TV and sends the signal to 60hz

9. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

seriously guys, this is getting me nuts..i dont know what the f*cking problem is. it's non-sense!