Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathanlloyd

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
UK
Hi Guys,

I've currently got a mid-2009 MacBook Pro 15" with (upgraded) 8Gb memory and 250Gb SSD (Since the one it came with stopped working)

I feel it's lacking in performance a bit recently, and it might be time to upgrade to something else.
I originally bought a MacBook as I was thinking that I'd use it in multiple places, but I've since found that it remains in one place the majority of the time so the replacement might be an iMac instead.

Do you think it's worth me waiting until a possible refresh in iMacs comes along and continue using my MBP or will there not be much benefit and I may as well upgrade now?

N.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you can wait, then your patience will be rewarded, but if you are in need of computer now, then buy it. People are hoping to see Haswell based computers next month, but that's just a hope - nothing concrete.

nathanlloyd

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
UK
I'm not in a major rush to get one as my MBP is still in working order.

I've just planted the seed of new hardware in my brain and now I can't stop thinking about it ;)

theRevIsNotDead

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
I'm in the same situation, although my MBP is a lot weaker (2007 4GB 200GB @ 7200 rpm).

What I'm going to do is wait for the new iMac, buy it, wipe my MBP and keep it running light for mobility and do all my heavy lifting on the iMac. I think this would work for you, too.

nathanlloyd

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
UK
Possibility I suppose, but I was going to use the cash from the sale of my MBP to offset the spending on the new iMac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.