Macbook Pro to iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kendio7, Jun 8, 2010.

  1. Kendio7 macrumors member

    Jun 3, 2010
    So, heres the deal. I recently purchased my 1st Mac, a 2010 Macbook Pro 15 (Base model). I'm considering selling it and getting an iMac 27 as it doesn't even leave my desk as I'm so used to sitting here with my old PC (Also my house is kinda over-run and don't fancy bringing an expensive machine downstairs).

    The thing is though, I'd have to sell it rather than return it as I purchased from Amazon without realising that I wouldn't have the 2 weeks to return as the policy from Amazon was 7days only if faulty. Also checked that the warranty runs out on the 7th May 2011 so I guess thats the day they purchased them. I've had the machine just under 2 weeks and really love the OS. You think its worth it trying to sell the Macbook Pro and getting the iMac, all the hassle etc? Cheers in advance for the replies.

    Also if your wondering: The reason I got a laptop was that I was initially going to run it with my desktop PC, but getting the Mac made me realise how outdated my PC was.
  2. Mark-Mac-Attack macrumors regular

    Apr 6, 2007
    You could always get an external keyboard and mouse and add a display? Best of both worlds.
  3. davidnssbm macrumors regular

    Oct 23, 2009
    it sounds like you already made your decision but are trying to subconsciously justify it with input from other people who arent going to spend your money.

    if money isnt an issue, bite the bullet sell it, lose a few hundred, and upgrade to an imac.

    if money IS an issue and the new iMac is simply tempting you, just wait for the upgrade and start taking your macbook pro to the couch!

    good luck!
  4. Kendio7 thread starter macrumors member

    Jun 3, 2010
    Yeah, I currently am doing this with a really crappy monitor. So my mind says to me, by the time I've bought a decent monitor and all accessories i'll have surpassed the iMac price?

    Yeah I get what you mean! Well i'll try and sell it and see what prices I can get, if not i'll just keep it and get some more use out of it on the couch. Cheers for the fast replies.


Share This Page