Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schorsch0815

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
I have currently an MBA 13". I want to buy a new Macbook with a better screen. 95% of what I do with my Mac is watching movies/TV and surfing the Net, mostly on the sofa. So my laptop is really a laptop.

I carry it around in the apartment but rarely outside. I surely would be OK with a Macbook Pro 13" but could also buy a 15", money is not the issue.

I just oner whether 15" really gives a noticable better viewing experience and whether that will offset the disadvantage of additional weight and size. I know, thats all subjective so I am interested in the experience of those that had both.

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
I watch most of my movies and TV on my large flat screen. However I also enjoy watching a lot of Youtube videos. I have both a 2015 15" MBP and a 2017 13" MBP and the one I grab the most for couch watching and surfing the net is the 13". I just really like the smaller size when I've got it in my lap.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
I've always owned a 15 MBP. 18 months ago I bought a 13-MBP for my daughter, and as I was setting it up I was really impressed with the screen. I'll consider that when my current one no longer works.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I watch most of my movies and TV on my large flat screen. However I also enjoy watching a lot of Youtube videos. I have both a 2015 15" MBP and a 2017 13" MBP and the one I grab the most for couch watching and surfing the net is the 13". I just really like the smaller size when I've got it in my lap.

For couch surfing i use an iPad Pro lol

But I’m with you, I prefer to watch movies on a larger screen. Youtube on the small screen is fine. If I was going to buy a MacBook for watching movies around the house, I would probably want to go with the bigger screen. If I am not mistaken the audio is better on the larger size too.

Reactions: PlayUltimate
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.