Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lplanas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
My MBP makes an strange toot-toot sound when I want to wake it up and it doesn't stop until I force it to shut down and remove the battery.

Did you find the solution for this?

My MBP is new... I bought it three months ago!

nitewolfgtr

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2008
how-thomas-the-tank-engine-works-1.jpg

Toot Toot Toot!!!
:D:D:D:D

TheHoff

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Where are the instructions to make mine do this? Do I have to run the Snow Leopard?

lplanas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Oh... it is not a joke!

I am a Mac user since more than 14 years. And... I never have heard something like this. Toot-toot-toot with a black background.

Last sunday my brand new Macbook Pro shuted down and after I turned it back on, it wouldnt boot. After the boot chime nothing happens, there is only a loud sound going TOOT, TOOT, TOOT ...

I've reset PRAM, PMU, NVRAM and... everything that I know to do when Macs doesn't restart, but... nothing happens.

I can't verify or repair the disk from the installer disk, because the disk send me an error.

Please... I need a toot-toot repairer

lplanas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Sure, but I dont like to do that
I always repair everything about my Macs by myself, with the help and hints that I receive in this forums
So... if nobody knows something about toot toot toot in restart, I will have to search for someone who can repair it.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Sure, but I dont like to do that
I always repair everything about my Macs by myself, with the help and hints that I receive in this forums
So... if nobody knows something about toot toot toot in restart, I will have to search for someone who can repair it.

could be your optical drive? if so, that's a normal sound

newbie jnr

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
have you tried removing and re-seating the RAM?

i think the toots are possibly an error code...so if that's the case someone at apple should be able to tell you what it means (you'd have to show it to them, not just describe it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.