Macbook Pro Touch Bar Light bleed middle of screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Smickers, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Smickers macrumors member

Can anybody indicate if they've had a similar problem? Its a tiny horizontal line, that is only visible when viewing dark colours. I'm so careful when cleaning my screen, so can't see how it would be damage. I've got AppleCare but wondering if they'll cover it?

Attached Files:

2. Mockletoy macrumors regular

Mockletoy

Looks like a bunch of failed/failing pixels to me. They should cover it, and I'd recommend you get it done sooner rather than later as the problem might get worse. Or it might stay just like that for years. I still have a 2007 MacBook Pro in the closet that has a blotch like that on the bottom right corner of the screen.

But if you have the option to get it replaced under warranty, that's what the warranty is for.

3. csurfr macrumors 68020

Are there any marks on the other side of the screen in that same place? If not you’re most likely good under warranty. If there are, then Apple might say something was dropped on the lid causing that spot, which wouldn’t be covered.

4. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

That’s damage from pressure. Your chances of being covered under warranty are highly dependent on the Apple employee that helps you, but I wouldn’t expect them to fix it for free. They’ll probably quote you a cost to fix, and it won’t be cheap.

5. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

OP:

Important questions:
    Do you carry the MBP around in a backpack?
    If so, do you pack it in "tightly"?