MacBook Pro Touch ID button is wobbly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjiangweilan, Nov 23, 2016.

1. jjiangweilan macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

Hey, I just received my new Mac, I find the Touch ID button is kind of wobbly and if you touch it and lift my finger it will produce a physical noise, like when you press the keyboard. Is that normal?

2. justinf77 macrumors 6502

Yes. It' a power button too. Totally normal.

3. littlepud macrumors regular

It was a little wobbly on my original 15" where it would rise up and stick to my finger a little bit when authenticating with Touch ID. However, it's completely solid on my 13".

4. jjiangweilan thread starter macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

One tried one before, and I remember the Touch ID button in that one is solid. This one the keyboard is more solid and has milder noise....I don't know if it's just kind of illusion. btw, they're both 13".
    --- Post Merged, Nov 23, 2016 ---
    You are right:)

5. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I was under the impression that it should feel solid like the home button on iOS devices?

6. Mr. Bean macrumors member

Mr. Bean

There is indeed some inconsistencies here. I've looked at a few store models and on some they are solid, and others they're loose. This is spread across both 13" and 15" models. Interestingly, they're always consistent at the same store. Store A would have solid buttons for both models, but store B would have loose buttons for both models. Not sure if it's a batch issue or just pure coincident.

Regardless, I'm not too fussy about it, although the looseness does make it feel a bit cheap.

7. jjiangweilan thread starter macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

yeah, and the good news is my keyboard is not loud...... I don't know what happened to my Mac but it's good

8. cforster macrumors 6502

I posted a thread about this question too. Mine is a little loose, but it works perfect. I've decided it's not a big deal to me. (Coming from someone that is a freak with their devices, I keep them immaculate)

9. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

When you say a little loose, how much? I'm still thinking if it bothers me enough.

10. CalandUK macrumors newbie

I have two 13" and both buttons feel very solid, much like iOS home buttons, as was stated earlier.

No wiggle or loose feelings.