Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaggi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Seoul, South Korea
So, my Penryn Macbook Pro's touchpad button has this clicking/squeaking sound, which is actually a double click and I feel like something in that button has something wrong with it now.

The key itself isn't as responsive either.

And I was wondering if AppleCare would cover this and if not, where could I get this fixed/checked out?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
They should fix it if it is indeed unresponsive. If it is just annoying and squeeky I'm not so sure.

Chaggi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Seoul, South Korea
They should fix it if it is indeed unresponsive. If it is just annoying and squeeky I'm not so sure.

It's much more of the latter. Is there anyway to remove the button and just clean it out to see if it works like that? Or is it not like the keyboard and can't just "pop" out.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I posted a thread a few days ago on this.

They ordered me a new top case and I'm waiting for part before I take the computer in.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Just ... open up the battery and fine the circular hole that should be right under the trackpad. fold a piece of paper 2-4 times and place in the hole, only if there isn't a gray rubber thing already there. If there is the gray rubber pad, just press hard on the trackpad button once.

Fabiano

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Palmas, Brazil
mine have the same problem. the big button is irresponsible some times, I really need to push it hard to make sure it wont will drop when Im draging something.

Fabiano

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Palmas, Brazil
Just ... open up the battery and fine the circular hole that should be right under the trackpad. fold a piece of paper 2-4 times and place in the hole, only if there isn't a gray rubber thing already there. If there is the gray rubber pad, just press hard on the trackpad button once.

I didnt get it...

hartig

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2008

this worked 100% for me. thank you very much, i was just about to go to applecare for support on this, but now the problem is fixed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.