Macbook Pro Touchpad Button Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chaggi, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Chaggi macrumors member

So, my Penryn Macbook Pro's touchpad button has this clicking/squeaking sound, which is actually a double click and I feel like something in that button has something wrong with it now.

The key itself isn't as responsive either.

And I was wondering if AppleCare would cover this and if not, where could I get this fixed/checked out?

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

They should fix it if it is indeed unresponsive. If it is just annoying and squeeky I'm not so sure.

3. Chaggi thread starter macrumors member

It's much more of the latter. Is there anyway to remove the button and just clean it out to see if it works like that? Or is it not like the keyboard and can't just "pop" out.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I posted a thread a few days ago on this.

They ordered me a new top case and I'm waiting for part before I take the computer in.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just ... open up the battery and fine the circular hole that should be right under the trackpad. fold a piece of paper 2-4 times and place in the hole, only if there isn't a gray rubber thing already there. If there is the gray rubber pad, just press hard on the trackpad button once.

6. Fabiano macrumors regular

mine have the same problem. the big button is irresponsible some times, I really need to push it hard to make sure it wont will drop when Im draging something.

7. Fabiano macrumors regular

I didnt get it...

8. hartig macrumors newbie

this worked 100% for me. thank you very much, i was just about to go to applecare for support on this, but now the problem is fixed!