Macbook Pro trackpad Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SWAN808, Jul 24, 2012.

1. SWAN808 macrumors member

Im just wondering - has anyone using Windows 7 on their MBP (mine is Oct 2011) found the trackpad rather annoying to use? I was trying to work out why and it seems that in OSX - the bottom part of the trackpad where you might click (with thumb) - it does not track your thumb movement. The pointer remains still. However - in W7 - when you rest your thumb on the lowest part of the trackpad - and click - it picks up small thumb movements and slips away from the target...

There is another related problem with clicking and dragging. In W7 bootcamp - it doesnt recognise that you might click with the thumb (on lower part of trackpad) and then drag with finger (upper trackpad). This is fine in OSX. In W7 it doesnt quite get it - and picks up opposing messages...ie thumb movements vs finger movements...

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up the trackpad so it understands this split trackpad functioning a la OSX?

2. The "Dude" macrumors regular

I've noticed that the trackpad operation in W7 isn't as fluid as it is on the Mac side, but I'm honestly not very surprised by this.

Far more annoying to me is the fact that I can't use the "natural scrolling" direction in Windows. I haven't looked for 3rd party software that may exist to correct this. Instead, I've just been using a wireless mouse (most of what I do in Windows is for work and a mouse makes more sense anyway).

Here's to hoping that future driver releases may fix some of these issues.

3. SWAN808 thread starter macrumors member

yeah I also use a bluetooth mouse in W7 at my desk...

4. SWAN808 thread starter macrumors member