Macbook Pro Trackpad Click-button

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spring, Nov 22, 2007.

1. spring macrumors regular

I wanted to know if it was normal for the click-button on the track pad to sound really 'clicky' depending on where you press it? It sounds as if I am clicking two keys nearly at the same time.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's pretty common. My PowerBook's trackpad key occasionally makes that sound.

3. bslax28 macrumors member

has anyone else experienced this? i just noticed that my trackpad button was making a similar noise if pushed or nudged in the right way. kind of annoying...

4. ABernardoJr macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me after a few months with my MBP too even and it did get to me for a while, worrying me that it might start to go bad from there. Thing is that, fortunately, the trackpad seems pretty much restored to how it used to be, before clicking "twice" whenever I clicked it or moved it in any direction. Hopefully it should go away after a while, maybe just a "growing pain" lol

5. theman macrumors 6502a

if you get food or crumbs under there it can cause this. mine started doing it a while ago, but stopped. i guess the crumbs were crushed down.

6. LunaTrix macrumors newbie

LunaTrix

Track Pad Clicking Noises

I am also experiencing track-pad clicking noises. I am on my third MBP (have had nothing but problems with the purchases). I was told that the store where I made the purchase might have received a bad batch. Anyway, now I have this one and noticed how loud the clicking noise is when right clicking. It is quite annoying and did not notice it with the prior MBP's. I still love the computer and will not give up on it yet. By the way, the first one I bought was defective and it was confirmed by Apple. The second one had a bad hard drive so now I think I'm just sensitive to everything about the computer. I am not looking for perfection, but for the price I paid, I'm looking for close to perfection.