Macbook Pro Trackpad Freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozkar, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ozkar macrumors newbie

The hyperlink is wt I recorded once encountering such problem
    (sorry u might have to watched it several time to identify the curse
    http://youtu.be/8yFPVZcwt38

The trackpad of my macbook pro keeps freezing several times per week, lasting from 10s - 1minutes. Most of the times, the top right hand corner of it was still working whereas the other parts didn't response.

Communicated with staff at Genius Bar several times, trackpads were replaced at least 4 times, ended up by saying the issue is probably due to environmental effect like humidity or electric voltage(They claimed that even you are using the 2-pin official apple recharger may also trigger such a problem but it happens even I'm not charging it)

"We have replaced every single unit of your mac, including the display panel/ keyboard/battery (These 3 are replaced due to another damage) as well as the trackpad, and logic board, and there is nothing we can do for you"

Request for a refurbished macbook pro of the same config was refused.

Fortunately I don't play any games on Mac and will definitely not using it in any business environment(Imagine you are doing a business presentation and your trackpad lost response suddenly, wt a nightmare Omg)

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

How old is your MBP? I would think that after so many repairs a replacement would be in order. Did you request a replacement from the store manager or the guys at the Genius bar?

3. ozkar thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought my 13" mbp in sep 2009.
    I did request for a replacement once and they said this is a minor issue so nth is offered to me.

Gonna ask for a written evidence and post it here, they hv replaced the trackpad 4 times already, together with the logic board replaced twice, and other components (magsafe/ keyboard/ display panel/ battery) are also replaced once due to different issues.

4. ozkar thread starter macrumors newbie

The first time when I required for a replacement, staff including the technician and their supervisor keeps on:
    - saying THIS is a minor issue (Again, imagine you are doing a business presentation, is it still) and because I couldn't show them the problem at the Genius Bar, therefore they won't offer replacement for me
    - performing "their" tests on the trackpad showing it's working properly

When I went to them with the video, their attitude is amusing
    - they performed the trackpad test again and asked me to leave my mbp -> of coz they "identified" the trackpad is working properly again and ignored my video completely:eek::eek::eek: