macbook pro trackpad not working in bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PROTOTYPE10, Sep 7, 2011.

1. PROTOTYPE10 macrumors newbie

So I recently installed windows 7 on my macbook pro 2011 model and everything on the computer worked fine until I plugged in my mouse. The second the drivers were finished installing the trackpad just stopped working completely. No tracking and no clicking at all. Everything else seems to work find and I can still move the arrow on screen with a mouse. Can someone help me out?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you install the BootCamp drivers? Apple has a 10.7 Boot Camp guide that walks you through getting the Windows drives for your Mac.

3. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Hey there.
    I installed the boot camp drivers, the trackpad worked fine. Then I connected an external mouse and the trackpad stopped working. Is it maybe because of microsoft's intellipoint which got installed when I inserted the mouse?
    I have a macbook air 11" 2011 base model, with windows 7.

4. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Hey there.
    I installed the boot camp drivers, the trackpad worked fine. Then I connected an external mouse and the trackpad stopped working. Is it maybe because of microsoft's intellipoint which got installed when I inserted the mouse?
    I have a macbook air 11" 2011 base model, with windows 7.

5. btonasse macrumors newbie

Oh how I miss my PC days! My Mac gives me almost as many headaches as my PCs used to give me, but the difference is that before I just had to google the issue on internet and that was it. Found plenty of solutions. On Mac forums, all we see are desperate people asking questions, one or two kind souls trying to help but not knowing the solution, then the guy who posted the issue ups the post and... The post falls into oblivion.

Sorry, I know this is just plain whining, but I needed to take it off my chest.