Macbook Pro Tripple Boot - Partition broke?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RossMc, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I had OSX,Windows 7 & Ubuntu installed on my Mac and was using rEFit and something has happened to one of the partitions when I was trying to partition 20MB of the bootcamp partition as I needed to make a 20MB image for my uni work.

I restarted Windows to boot into OSX and the rEFit menu that gave me the options to boot into OSX,Windows or Ubuntu will not show up I just get a grey screen. After a while it takes me to the grub recovery menu.

Is there anyway I can fix this without re installing OSX using the install DVD as I have uni work on the laptop that has to be handed in tomorrow.

I think that I have it backed up anyway on my external hard drive through Time Machine but I don't know when I last backed it up so I can't be certain it is 100% on there.

Just need to know if there is any other way before the re install.

If I use disk utility through the OSX install DVD to delete the ubuntu & windows partitions will OSX boot? as the work will be saved on the OSX partition.

2. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Ah nevermind I have just looked in Disk Utlity through the install DVD and the partitions are just showing as disk0s1,disk0s2,disk0s3 etc so it looks like they are very messed up lol

Re install it is.