MacBook Pro turn off without my order

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by punkcake, Mar 29, 2009.

1. punkcake macrumors newbie

Help me please. I have my macbook pro, Tiger, 2007.
    It turn off after a while i am using it. Then when i turn it off, it starts for some seconds and turn off again. it sounds like the hard drive is waking up but then it turn offl.

I am thinking that maybe its getting hot and turn it off. I am very worried about my macbook life.....

2. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Sounds like it's over-heating, or an issue with a logic board. This is a stretch, but try resetting the SMC. To do this, take the battery out and make sure everything is unplugged from it (AC adapter, keyboard, mouse... etc) and keep it this way for at least 15 seconds. Try to boot it up as normal. If that doesn't help, take it to an Apple Store (talk to a Genius) or an authorized apple repair center.

Good luck!

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Reset SMC is disconnect everything from MBP, remove the battery, press and hold power button for 5 seconds.

4. punkcake thread starter macrumors newbie

cooler

i dont remember to hear the cooler in the last times... maybe it is not working!!! do you think something got burn inside for that?

5. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

The fans you mean? They do or do not sound like they're running? Or does it sound like they are broken? :confused:

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

do you have iStat Pro? that can monitor all you stats including fan RPM's and the temperatures in your computer. if you fans are spinning erratically or not at all then i would say they are broken. but definitely download iStat to check it out.