Macbook Pro - UK Apple Store Stock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by photoGrant, Oct 19, 2008.

1. photoGrant macrumors member

Hi,

I'm hoping to purchase the new Macbook Pro tomorrow, does anyone know if there are any Apple Stores in the UK stocking them, or if not, when?

I have a bad feeling they're not anywhere to be found for a while...

Grant.

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Lots if not all the stores have them. Just ring them up before you leave?

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

All the Apple Retail stores in and around London sold out of their MacBook Pros by lunchtime on Wednesday. They received one or two in the days afterwards but they went in seconds. They're expecting some in this next week although apparently Apple have some serious shortages, which is why nobody's got any from the online store yet.

4. photoGrant thread starter macrumors member

Thanks mate,

I rang them today and I got an American Lady who works there on the phone who was a little condescending and quick to rid of me. She never specified whether they had them in stock and proceeded to sell out, or whether she'd got them in stock at all.

If you're certain the new ones are in stock, a quick call in the morning won't go a miss! Thanks.

p.s. Does anyone know if they honour HE discount in store? I'll probably be better asking that over the phone in the morning too, just don't want that American lady again :D

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Genuine Apple Retail stores (i.e. not reseller stores) will honour the HE discount in store. However, all the stores I spoke to in and around London said they sold out days ago and that they'd heard it was the same everywhere else. Like I said, there's a real shortage right now.

6. photoGrant thread starter macrumors member

Thanks bud,

Seems like I was a little quick off the mark to sell my current gen. Macbook Pro!

I'm assuming there's no way to reserve a laptop either, which sucks - as the closest store is an hour n' half journey.

No matter, thanks for the help!

7. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

bristol still had them on friday and my other local reseller still has them too

8. photoGrant thread starter macrumors member

Bristol, was that a reseller or genuine apple store?

9. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Nope, you can't reserve. I went and asked on Thursday. :(

10. photoGrant thread starter macrumors member

That's woe :( Thanks again mate, seems like my only option is to ring, train & hope

11. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Cabot circus apple store