Macbook Pro UK keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ScottC2105, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ScottC2105 macrumors member

Hey everyone, quick question I would like answering if possible please.

Why is it the UK Macbook Pros have the @ on the 2 and no # key? Is it just an Apple thing?

(TIP to anyone else with a UK Macbook Pro, you can get to # by pressing Alt + 3)

2. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

I think that's because # is not a European sign. I think they use No. for numbers.

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Apple's UK keyboard has @ and £ on the 2 and 3 keys using Shift, or € and # using Alt. I guess US keyboards generally have less of a need for easily accessible £ and € symbols...

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

UK keyboard are PANTZ when it comes to coders...
    I manually changed mine for a US version after APPLE refused to supply me a US version - shouldn't the USER have a choice?

:confused:

5. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

I agree with UltraNEO - I went to Apple today to let them know in advance that I wanted to buy a Macbook Air at the end of the month and I'd like to have a US keyboard on it - they told me they could order one but it would be an additional £75 for the part and £130 to fit it!

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Take a return trip to NYC. Sounds like you could get plane tickets and the MBA with US specs for about the same price as you'd have to pay here, but also you'll get to see New York :D