Macbook Pro Under Vista Heat Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sixth, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sixth macrumors 6502

Guys...I know this has been posted before, but I can not figure this out with my machine. I am running Vista 64bit on a penryn MBP and I have SMC fan control set in OSX to keep the fans at 5000 or so...when i restart into vista the fans seem to stay to low, but if i restart into OSX, let smc fan control load, reboot into vista and the fans stay running at 5000, but I need to boot into OSX first. Any reason why this would be? Is there a fan control program I could use in Vista?

2. nephilim7 macrumors regular

same issue here, I use vista to raid with my guild in wow and it's annoying when I forget to set the fanspeed high before I reboot.

:apple: 17" HD 2.6 macbook pro

3. serdaryilmaztr macrumors newbie

vista is like a virus for Mac OS X I do not understand why you are using vista in mac ¿:rolleyes:

4. nephilim7 macrumors regular

as of 10.5.3 I lost about 20 FPS in os x running wow, that and I can't get my guild to change their vent server to use speex. Believe me when those issues are resolved vista goes bye bye :D

5. sixth thread starter macrumors 6502

Sadly I have to use for work, I do a lot of SQL programming and stuff, plus lots of 3D work and I need the power...

6. Freyqq macrumors 68040

download inputremapper

it lets you customize the fan speed in vista/xp

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

windows has its uses just like osx has its uses

8. katorga macrumors regular

Why vista?

Download nLite and build a lean mean XP install disk. WoW doesn't need anything in Vista and an nLite XP bootcamp will be smaller, run cooler, and be more stable running RMclock to keep the temps down.

9. sixth thread starter macrumors 6502

Ehhhh..totally forgot about this program...thanks!