Macbook Pro Uni 15in Cases/Covers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rudyrox, Feb 22, 2009.

1. rudyrox macrumors member

:confused:

Im taking a poll!! What would you guys recommend as a good case/cover for my mbp? something slim and light for around home like a sleeve ( i like teh buily ny cargo) and a good slim messenger. I like the speck covers but iv heard some bad things like dirt gets under it and scartches ur mac :(. i dont want that at all. thanks guys.

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

As long as you keep the speck cases relatively clean (once per month) they won't scratch. I've actually never had one scratch my classic or unibody MBP. the ones for the Unibody are a welcomed improvement on the old.

4. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

It you clean the covers and your mac at least once a week you should be fine.

Invisible gives no protection against dent, while the speck case give some.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The Case Logic sleeve is pretty nice. Plus you can put all your cables/cords into the pouch...

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

A good slim messenger bag would be the Brenthaven Switch MB. Just picked one up and it provides great protection - doesn't look bad either.

7. Velocifero macrumors newbie

I bought the Incase nylon sleeve from the Apple store in "chocolate" color for mine:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU095LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjQyNjM2MA&p=4&s=alpha

I actually brought my computer into the store to see how tight the fit was and it was perfect. No movement at all. The inside is a really soft, faux fur type of material so it doesn't harm the computer at all along with the lining between the zipper and the inside of the sleeve. I take this with me into school and everywhere else fairly often with no problems. It protects the computer well and fits the power adapter and my mouse without being bulky.

8. rudyrox thread starter macrumors member

i like that alot acutally.... in white tho..thats def in my list to concider. yea and about the speck cases i hope the uni model covers are fixed so that it wont let dirt int that easliy and u can take it off easliy without scratching the notebook or breaking the edges of the cover. i was really interested in that :/

9. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

The speck satin cases will not scratch your computer. They are also very hard to show visible scratches, unlike their transparent counterparts. I have 2x 25% off coupons for Speck if you are interested, PM me. I got my speck satin case for $28 plus shipping ;)

10. isaki87 macrumors regular

11. rudyrox thread starter macrumors member

it looks nice but i also heard alot of pplz complaining about the end flipping up and not sticking :(

12. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

+1 for the incase nylon sleve, perfect messenger bag size, not to big or bulky, which is a MAJOR consideration carrying a 15/17" laptop, and also it has a very nice strap so the 15/17" weight doesnt hurt your shoulder if your carrying it all day. Its also very light being nylon but doesnt look cheap at all, it looks amazing actually, i have the chocolate one and most importantly its waterproof! and stainproof oh and very easy to clean too :)

13. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

incase is coming out with their hardshell cases for the unibodies. I've used it for my last gen. pro and I liked it. Incase is better than speck IMO

14. rudyrox thread starter macrumors member

they already have 4 hard covers for the uni but i want a clear colored one :( satin or glossy :(

15. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I would agree that with the *previous* generation Incase had a superior product, but with the new satin cases from Speck they are evenly matched. The see-thru speck cases cracked and scratched easily, and the little tabs were easily broken. This is not the case with their new line of Satin cases. I LOVE mine, and would never go without it. They have also been "de-bulked" and don't seem to add as much weight as in the past.

16. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I still think Incase is better than Speck.

A lion doesnt change its spots. We'll have to see the reviews.
    I heard the new speck is nice, but you know, with so much negative feedback, myself included, im not sure i can trust their products again, although they do feel nice and satiny :) but still, i shouldnt have to clean my case every month to stop it scratching my laptop.