Macbook Pro Unibody 2008 Battery Slightly Bulging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dokebii, Sep 9, 2010.

1. dokebii macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I purchased my Macbook Pro in late 2008.

When my battery cover is closed, there is a gap between the cover and the machine. I noticed that it is because the battery does not fit properly and upon further inspection I found that the battery has a slight bulge and has gotten slightly bigger.

The bulge is not noticeable with eyes, but when you touch it with hands you can feel a big slight bulge.

When I put on the battery and forcefully close the battery cover, it pushes the trackpad from undernearth so that it requires immense pressure to click something with the trackpad.

Did this happen to anybody? Ughhh I don't wanna shell out $130 for a new battery.. :(

2. ljx718 macrumors 6502

Definitely take it apple or call. Maybe they'll exchange for free. A buldging battery is first sign of something very wrong

3. Tarek macrumors 6502

That can happen if you drop your MacBook or at least the battery itself. Or maybe the notebook got overheated and that happened? Not sure. I'd take it to the Genius Bar and get it checked, I wouldn't want to buy a new battery and then realize the problem is with the MBP itself. Better safe than sorry.

4. piguy macrumors newbie

The exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Battery was bulging a little bit more every day on my late 2008 MBP. Took it to the apple store and the genius checked my serial number and then replaced the battery for free, no questions asked, despite being well past the 1 year warranty.

5. dokebii thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. ^^
    No I did not drop it at all... :S
    I will take mine to the apple store. ^^