MacBook Pro Unibody deform or ILLUSION?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJ-R, Oct 9, 2010.

1. DJ-R macrumors regular

I am not sure if this is caused by the heat that some how curve the body a bit.

All you do is lift the MacBook Pro and view at the keyboard 30 degree angle. Look above the keyboard where the hinge is. The part looks curvy start right off between key F2 to F6. That is also where the CPU and GPU is. The hot spot.

Also if you look at the other/opposite side of the Sleep indicator or IF infrared. That part is also curved up a bit.

I mean this is metal (aluminum)... not plastic..

Illusion? I'll let it cool later to see if it goes back into normal flat line.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Uh, what? Maybe you could post a picture. Aluminum doesn't expand appreciably at the temperatures generated by a CPU or GPU, especially with the added insulation provided by the powder coating.

3. DJ-R thread starter macrumors regular

Sure here: (click the little + sign at the bottom left to enlarge.

If you look at the Hinge and the aluminum you notice a curve up and down above F2 to F6 keys.

Shot 1: http://drp.ly/Aq6Y

Shot 2: http://drp.ly/L1ph

Not the camera because I can see it in my own eyes too.

Try to photoshop and lines on it. You will see what I am talking about. The body isn't perfect straight. :(

EDITED:

WOW... I did some test moving my screen wide open and almost shut. I can see it is being pressured by the screen hinge.

When I have it fully open, it bulk it up the aluminum. The unibody is like being too tight with the hinge or something.

4. DJ-R thread starter macrumors regular

AH HAH!!!! APPLE BAD LABOUR JOB!!! MINOR DEFECT... not really...

I decided to open up to see what ram brand they put into my MacBook Pro and as soon I lift the cover. I notice this black piece of plastic stuck in between the middle (long screw).

The screw was jammed and pushing the aluminum when the manufacture forcefully screw it in by machine/human hands...

Check the photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm happy it is fixed. The edge is now flat and it feels more solid when you press against it.

5. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

wow good job. Did you take it out yourself or have the apple store do it?
    If it was me i would have them do it just to be safe your warranty is not screwed...

6. DJ-R thread starter macrumors regular

I took it out by myself, it was stuck at the rear cover screw holes.

Really I have no idea where or what is that piece of plastic came from but it is indeed was done at manufacturing. Probably some debris.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Good to see you had it taken care of. I just checked my machine and it looks good. :eek:

8. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

9. jayo123456 macrumors regular

lol, i see a concave.

i think it's illusory though.