Macbook Pro (unibody) External HP LP2475w (working!)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snake007uk, Jan 9, 2009.

1. snake007uk macrumors member

Hi guys,

I was looking around a while before buying this monitor and I couldnt find anyone saying 100% they did not have issues with external monitors etc...

so I thought I would confirm the HP LP2475w works 100% with the following setup

Configure Laptop to use 9600GT (Higher performance Graphics). Then attach display and close laptop lid) I dont bother using the laptop display since I have external keyboard and mouse etc...

This has not caused me any flickering issues etc.. just thought I would let everyone know.

Another note the HP LP2475w is absolutely brilliant !!!! ebuyer.co.uk £380 :)

2. RKpro macrumors 6502

I have tried my MBP with 6 different monitors (with DVI), and 5 different projectors (VGA) for giving presentations, and I've yet to come across any problems. I'm sure there are very few models that don't work, or they may just be isolated cases or defects...

My question is, how is the heat when you are doing some intensive tasks? When the screen is shut, the air vents are effectively sealed, and you said you are using the 9600m. Because I always keep mine open to provide enough air flow.

3. snake007uk thread starter macrumors member

I dont believe its isolated, since there is a huge thread on the apple forums.

Anyway to your second question, I bought the new macbook pro a month after it came out, i use it at work 8/9hours a day continuous on power lid close and connected to external monitor and mouse.

Yes it does get hot and the fans do kick in, but nothing major to be honest, the air vents are still open from the bottom on the lid.