Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suleiman

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
I don't understand. Are you able to overclock in windows using NTune and then boot into the Mac and sustain those levels?

If so, this may be worth installing bootcamp and win7..

arzhang

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
I don't understand. Are you able to overclock in windows using NTune and then boot into the Mac and sustain those levels?

No sure not. I overclock only under win 7. when u switch back to mac os u returne with the factory setting. The only way that I know for overclocking (CPU only) on mac was ZDnet, but unfortunately it works only on MacPro.

Here my last performance

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=215984&stc=1&d=1266969421

arzhang

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
attachment.php

pooprscooper

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2008

Since there's no bios to lock in the settings, once you reboot out of windows, none of the settings are saved. You can lock in the GPU overlock using ATITool to update the firmware which is stored on the GPU's NVRAM.

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Did Apple locked something out in new MacBooks? I installed Nvidia system tools on my MacBook Air 2010 (Bootcamp W7) but it can't read CPU FSB and does not allow me to change it...I can play around with GPU frequencies, but not CPU settings. Is this software or hardware related?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.