Macbook Pro unibody parts.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Mr.Scarface macrumors member

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement Display Housing (Lid Cover only....no the LCD or Glass) for Macbook Pro Unibody 15'' (early 2008/late 2008)????

And No....Ifixit nor TechRestore has it.

2. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

eBay?

3. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

The aluminium cover/lcd panel/glass is all one part, so you will not find a retailer selling them disassembled. Best bet is eBay

4. Mr.Scarface thread starter macrumors member

I have seen online people havent separated the lid in old Macbook Pros, just not the unibody...yet. Some have "coming soon".

5. macgirl89 macrumors member

6. Mr.Scarface thread starter macrumors member

There are no display parts for the Unibodies listed on that site.

7. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

? There are! Though it doesn't look like you can just get the housing.

Attached Files:

8. hjscm macrumors newbie

i would recommend myservice. they just replaced my display housing and they were very easy to deal with and turn around was really fast. they run a test on everything and clean everything up. the unit looks brand new. very happy with their service.

9. thinkintel macrumors newbie

Sorry to post on such an old thread, but my computer just got a dent in the corner of the display—the aluminum part. Nothing happened to the screen or the glass. I was looking around and haven't seen anywhere that replaces ONLY the housing. Did myservice replace the aluminum only? at what cost? Thanks

10. spazticorange macrumors newbie

Again, did they actually replace just the housing or did they do the LCD and the glass bezel as well. I've got a scratch in the corner of the housing of the screen. How much did they charge you if this is what the did?

11. Nopstnz8 macrumors member

Nopstnz8

I am in the same predicament currently, and was wondering how, and how much it cost you to get just the display lid replaced from myservice? I am local, so if it's was a good deal, i plan to drop it off. Thanks.

12. Enigmaticland macrumors newbie