MacBook Pro Update on 01/22/2008?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CWallace, Jan 15, 2008.

1. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

So Apple launched the Mac Pro one week ago (01/08/2008).

Will we see the MacBook Pro update launch in one week (01/22/2008)?

The focus today was on the "Air" family of products - the MacBook Air, the :apple:tv 2 and Time Capsule.

Announcing the Mac Pro and the new MacBook Pro at MWSF would have pulled the focus away from those three products. So they let the Mac Pro go first, since it is totally un-related to the MacBook Pro. So we get a week for the MacBook Air to take the spotlight, and then come next Tuesday Apple soothes the savage MacRumors.com user with a MacBook Pro upgrade. :)

2. shakhashiro macrumors newbie

yep it's time for an update for macbook pro but i would like to see macbook pro with new features ! it'll be great to have a macboo pro with multi touch gestures

3. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I am hoping for a Penryn MBP refresh in the next couple of weeks. And next Tuesday would be just fine by me, thanks for asking. ;)

4. ibinco macrumors regular

ibinco

Although its a lot of wishful thinking...i sure hope your 22nd of January theory is true. I sold my macbook pro in December hoping for the update, and now that the uni has started again i neeeed it badly!!!

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I hope it doesn't get updated until june 2008! :D:p

6. Rabbleboy macrumors member

I wouldn't be saying that in public (if I were you:eek:).. dangerous times..:p

7. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

Since Penryn processors and multi-touch is out, I think MBP update is on its way.. I dont know when though.. I was expecting an update in early March, but things have gone wild these days :)

8. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It's entirely possible, and hopefully they'll do it soon. I'm going to be purchasing a MBP sometime probably in the next month and it would be nice to be able to get the latest model. But if not, no big deal. The current one is good too...

10. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

Any idea on price if the macbook pro if it does get updated? do you think they will update the price too if you know what i mean :confused:

11. thegeist macrumors member

I need a macbook pro before May, one way or another.

12. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

The prices generally tend to stay the same when products are updated.

13. laurewhoiscool macrumors newbie

What evidence is the date of 22/01/08 based on?

Is it just that new apple products have been released in week cycles in the past?

14. ankushpatel macrumors regular

macbook pro update

I returned my macbook pro that i got to christmas today hahaha b.c i want what ever apple is coming out with soon!

I hope they have a thinner macbook pro with some features from the macbook air. I would get the macbook air but its a bit shaky, yes its thin but come on no super drive!!!

id like to see a thinner macbook pro, new design, multi touch, superdrive technology, and some other features?

when do you guys think this new macbook pro will be coming?

15. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I'm not so sure that the multi-touch being out really helps the chances for an immediate MBP update - I think it might work the opposite way for now...

Right now - aside from the size - a big selling feature of the MBA is the multi-touch - if they start offering that on other machines it could take away some of the need for the MBA. I think the Multi-Touch is a good 3 months or more away from being implemented on other Macs.

Just looking at recent history they released the iPhone in July and the iTouch in September - possible for the same reason - they didn't want iPT sales to take away from the more profitable iPhone.

16. Superjanne macrumors member

Superjanne

just wondering, if the MBP is going to get those ugly black keyboard is it possible to order the current verson then?

i just dont want black ugly keyboard!:eek:

17. ankushpatel macrumors regular

keyboard

ye i agree those black keyboards make the laptop look cheap, i like the current macbook pro keyboard. I would like to see some new technology put into the keyboard.

18. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I for one hope they put the normal Macbook keyboard in, it's so nice to use.

19. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I agree!! Hopefully apple still thinks that Pro = Monocromatic color scheme :)

20. ankushpatel macrumors regular

i dont care about air

Pro is still the best, and i hope apple with the update (if any) keeps it the best.

21. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

They just have to update those things soon. It just doesn't seem fair compared to the rest of the laptop-lines. But the 22nd? seems rather early, especially because the Macbook Air's won't be for sale until the 28th or 29th... I hope this waiting only lasts for a month.

22. Matiek macrumors member

I think the only way the Pro is really going to get thinner is if it gets a MB keyboard. I actually like the way that the MB keyboards don't get as much dust in them. They really aren't that bad to use. I used one for a couple of weeks and didn't notice any lost WPM. I'm not going to hold my breath for updates though.

23. pine1045 macrumors member

My hopes were crushed once this week already

I'm not sure if I can take another blow next Tuesday so I'm trying not to let you get my hopes up. I desperately wanted and was expecting a MBP refresh at MacWorld or at the least a $200 price cut. Same specs since June with no drop in price...that's not how the computer market tends to work. This stuff is supposed to get cheaper over time.

Our university Apple sales liaison was here today and I grilled him about Apple's complete lack of anything for those of us in the professional market or even those looking for a new MacBook or Mac Mini. "We're not a bunch of coffee drinking yuppies" was what I said. He reassured me Apple's commitment to those of us and said our announcements would be coming at times like NAB which is still too far away in my opinion.

WHEN the new MBP's are announced, I think and hope it will be a press event instead of a quiet bump since they are due for a serious overhaul. I doubt next Tuesday will be the day but I REALLY hope I am wrong.

24. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I really hope 22nd Jan is the right date....Would be amazing...2 days after pay day too :D