Macbook pro update will be this summer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Frkstyle, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Frkstyle macrumors newbie

This is not final version for sell to public yet.
    Just test version by apple.

CPU:INTEL CORE 2 T9600 T9300 T8300
    Ram:4G DDR2 667 (2G for cheapest model)
    Hard drive:250G 200G 160G 5400rpm
    Chipset:INTEL PM965
    Video card:8700GT 256MB/512MB
    LCD:samsung LED size unknown.

will be available this summer.

P.S: Is he the "PC"?

UPDATE: Hard Drive will have 200GB 7200rpm and 300GB 4200rpm options.

Attached Files:

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I guess you must be right seeing as you cited all those reliable sources in the post and also being a totally reliable first poster!!!!:eek:

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I can see this happening. Any other info you can give us? Mulitouch trackpad?

4. Frkstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

that's the only info i've got at moment guys..

see what I can get in next month.

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

While logically believable (seeing as Montevina will be around at Summertime), I must question once again: where do you have your sources?

6. Frkstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't tell you Jiddick. But see what happen in the next. Believe me.

7. Fezzasus macrumors regular

Perfectly reasonable suggestions that could be made by anyone.

Personally, I think apple is going to get on the retro bandwagon and release a briefcase sized portable computer with a 1 MB hard disk. Obviously i've heard this from 'anonymous sources'

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

9. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Right on. This thread is pointless.

In fact I think I will take a look on the Intel roadmap and simply start a new thread for every new processor they are planning to make.

Duh.

10. Frkstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

That's entirely up to you.

P.S

There was a macbook air test model with 256mb graphic card.

11. Fezzasus macrumors regular

I doubt apple will ever sell a computer that comes with the maximum amount of ram it can take - you've seen how much they charge for ram - they won't give up that source of income.

12. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

what's up with that pic? it ruined my perfect sunday afternoon!

13. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

FYI: SR MBP can take 8 Gigabytes of RAM (if not 16?), so... It's just that there's not so many 4 GB modules out there.

Anyways, your post makes sense. Apple would lose quite the income by doing this.

14. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Hard drive:250G 200G 160G 5400rpm - No 7200 RPM version? - doubtful! (unless the 200G is the 7200 version)
    LCD:samsung LED size unknown. - What does this mean? 19" LCDs? - Ohhh baby....

Plus, your "source" forgot new keyboard, multi-touch, magnetic latch, possible new curvy design and other goodies which are highly anticipated.

15. Fezzasus macrumors regular

Not only that, but most applications are 32 bit and can only take advantage of 4 GB.

16. Frkstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Again, That's just the TEST VERSION of new mbp from the lab. Any spec listed is likely to be changed.

I haven't got any info about the design but I'll keep it up to date by next month.

17. add2mac macrumors member

Not quite April first yet

So are you saying apple is going to skip Montevina?
    And they will mix CPUs from SR refresh and Montevina? And they will also use slower RAM when there is faster one out there?

I am sorry but your specific details does not quite match up unless they were simple transcription errors your source does not seem to be so reliable.

I can see how it can happening in summer but these errors make me feel at least for now Feb or March is more likely

18. add2mac macrumors member

And I doubt T9600 sample is available already unless you meant T9500

19. wentwj macrumors regular

I always find it confusing when people so blatantly lie on message boards. Do they just want to feel special? I mean there's enough threads of "Here's what I think the update will be!", do they just want theirs to stand out by claiming inside information?

Given the large amount of rumors pointing to a MBP update being significantly more imminent than summer, I find it unlikely we'll have to wait that long.

I'm just confused what motivates people to spread rumors, or, in this case, sign up to message boards to pretend to be insides so they can give some vague specs surrounded by "But this is just a test! so it might change!"

20. Frkstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

You can wait and come back to this thread again:)

21. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

why are we even considering acknowledging this...who are you to say what is going to happen?

22. wentwj macrumors regular

Oh, I will.

Though realistically hte nature of this thread isn't even anything verifyable. You're claiming the MBP update is so far back that they are still working on loose test machines that will change at a moments notice. There's no ground breaking claim, nothing to really cling to. If the specs are different you say "Oh... well, it was just a test machine", if it comes out in April you go "Oh... well the chipset wasn't ready so they went with an earlier one". Basically the only way this can be disproven is if it comes out this month, at which point you'd probably say "Oh... well this is the NEXT update!". Even if this is remotely true, there's just nothing here.

23. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

I don't think there's much chance for this prediction to NOT come true...or at least mostly.

24. zoomstop macrumors newbie

The New MacBook Pro!

I personally think that the new Macbook Pro will come out week 3(12TH) or week 4(19TH) of Feb.

The MacBook Pro will get a re-design with a processor update(Penryn), hard drive, a multi-touch track pad, Additional Video Memory new latch, new keyboard and new mag safe power supply.

Thought process:

Get out a new design in early 2008 and work out the kinks prior to "back to school season" September 2008. We all agree that apple will move to Montevina late summer. It makes good business sense to get the re-design out of the way and be ready for a good back to school season and holiday season 2008.

New Hard drives.. Other Word Computing has SATA IDE 2.5 hard drives with the following specks, 80 to 320 GB- 5400 RPM and 120 to 200 GB 7200 RPM. I am sure we will see the high capacity drives on the next macbooks pro's.

New track pad and keyboard.. I am sure apple did not design the new track pad and keyboard exclusively for the Air. They purchased in bulk and my good friends this will become a reality for the MacBook Pro.

To support all the above and the New video cards with 256 and 512 as your options apple will have to mod the current chassis very so slightly. Don't expect a major design change.. you will see minor tweaks with the possibilities of different colors (Black Aluminum?).. The current design is brilliant!