Macbook Pro Update with Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twcurry, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. twcurry macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2007
    #1
    I'm anxiously waiting to buy my new MBP, but am wondering if apple will sneak in any new hardware updates to them with the release of Leopard. Given that they were recently updated with the LED displays and Santa Rosa processors; what is the likelihood that apple will update them again with the new OS? If the chances are low that they would change the hardware configuration so quickly, I will go ahead and purchase it now. Unfortunately, it would not be unprecedented for Apple to update the MBP within 3-6 months
     
  2. eluk macrumors 6502a

    eluk

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Location:
    East London, UK
  3. AaronM58 macrumors member

    AaronM58

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    Location:
    Lubbock, TX
    #3
    Slim to no chance that they will be updated in October...
     
  4. tico24 macrumors 6502

    tico24

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2007
    Location:
    Eastleigh, UK
    #4
    Well, the hardware seems to be updating every 6-10 months.
    To answer your question literally, yes I think there will be a mbp with leopard at some point.
    But obviously, nobody knows when the next upgrade will be (apart from some Apple bigwigs).

    The current mbps will easily run leopard. The question you need to ask yourself is "do i need a mbp now or can I wait for leopard?"

    Even if the mbps haven't been upgraded by the time leopard comes out in October, they will still likely ship with leopard.

    Hope that made sense!
     
  5. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

    XheartcoreboyX

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2007
    #5
    this been asked like billion times...No Apple will not make new macbook or macbook pro before Jan. >_>
     
  6. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

    DHagan4755

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    #6
    Here's what I think:
    No update to MBP with Leopard launch...it will come with the upgrade DVD at Leopard launch time in October, with preinstall to soon follow...

    MacBooks will get an update to Core 2 Santa Rosa with new features (LED backlight?) and possibly the intro of the much-rumored MacBook "thin." These new models will come with Leopard pre-installed out of the gate, and there will be no option to install Tiger (for those that need Tiger on a MacBook for application compatibility you'll be S-O-L).

    This has been Apple's modus operandi in the past, and I think they actually did the same pattern with consumer and pro notebooks when Tiger was released, as I remember some people that bought the newly announced version of the iBook got Tiger a day or two before the official Saturday launch date. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

    My 2¢ FWIW
     
  7. MacPossum macrumors 6502

    MacPossum

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2007
    #7
    It's doubtful that Apple will actually upgrade he MBP because it wasn't that long ago that SR was introduced. Going with the flow, I'd say that January is probably a good bet for a MBP upgrade. The upgrade to SR and LED screens was as pretty big leap from the older MBPs, I'd say its safe to go ahead and buy your MBP now.
     
  8. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    #8
    I think it will be almost a full year before Apple updates the MBP again. The next "update" will likely be a speed bump, maybe sometime from Oct-Feb. Next summer we'll get new ones based on then current Intel Processors and MAYBE a new card.
     

Share This Page