Macbook Pro update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eagle101, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Eagle101 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I want to buy an Macbook pro today or tomorrow? I wanted to get everyones opinion whether or not there will be an update/refresh for Macbook Pros at the Macworld in January? Should I wait?

Thanks

2. schreck macrumors regular

Well, that's what they're saying. Most people believe that the processor, if nothing else, will be refreshed in January at MacWorld. A quick search of the forums and you will find a slew of threads based on this topic.

3. valiechemicalie macrumors member

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

There are a crazy amount of threads on this subject. Buy when you need it. The current one is great as is!

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

So is your PowerBook! I'm keeping my MBP for at least 3 years, it rockz - no need to follow the hype and wait for upgrades etc.

6. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

My PowerBook is long in the tooth for my needs with digital photography. I'm popping for a MBP in January. Since I'm this close to the next latest and greatest, I'll wait for it. And then I'll be keeping the MBP for 4 years or so like I have with the PB.

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Sighs :( I bought my MBP in June.............................. should I have waited? But kinda needed it for uni lol. Perfectly happy with my current MBP tho :)

8. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I see that you have the SR MBP. Come January, I'll be torn between the newest one and the 2.4 refurb/closeouts if the update is not that wonderful. I think the 2.4 is the lowest that I'd consider at this point for "future-proofing" with full 64-bit and 4GB RAM. It's a great machine for sure. No offense to the earlier MBPs... :)