MacBook Pro updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sugarray3000, Mar 7, 2009.

1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

Hey guys. I need your help. The 3/3 the unibody macbook pro 15" came with 2.66 ghz instead of 2.53. This is NOT an update or what?
    Buyer's guide says that the MBP will be updated in around 50 days. What kind of updates could we expect?
    I have the early 08 MBP but i really want the new MBP, should i wait until next (really) update or can i buy now, and not to be worry that there would be a much much more fantastic MBP in stock in around 2 months?

Hope you will answer seriously!
    M

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There really, really won't be updates for a while.

Clarksfield in Q1 2010, so a bump in late Q3 of this year is the most appropriate time.

3. ColinM macrumors member

I'm actually going to guess we'll see a bump at WWDC. Sometime in the summer, at least. We've never waited more that 8 or 9 months for updates to the MBP. The last (major) update was in October of 2008.

While we did recently have a speed bump, I do predict that due to the usual timeline, WWDC is the perfect time to release them. 8 months from October, sounds perfect.

Besides, that's when I plan on buying an MBP so I'm hoping like hell for that to happen.

4. YoshiKing macrumors newbie

To be honest I predict Apple will release updated MBP at the WWDC. Surely Steve should be back by then??

5. ColinM macrumors member

It depends when the WWDC is. If it is in early June, as usual, I would predict Steve making an appearance. And I mean, what a great show to make up for January's complete dissapointment. SL, MPB, and a new iPhone.

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Agreed, they need to make up in my opinion. However, I think WWDC is always bound to be big because of the fact that there will almost always be an iPhone update.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

WWDC is iphone time, if steve makes an appereance it's because the iphone is his baby and he wants to make any announcements about it himself. I really doubt there will be any bumps to the MBP in june after they just did minor speed bumps this past week. Maybe in October without an event like they did for desktops.

8. deanmadoo macrumors member

I'm in the same situation as the op
    my college course will start in May and i'm thinking of buying a mbp by then or maybe even earlier
    I'm going to buy the 2.93Ghz 15" model
    and I fear that after i buy it there will be an update in the next few weeks.
    also i will be using it for all 4 years of college so i would want the best system i could get
    so do you guys think that there will be and update in WWDC:D

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Arrandale next guys :cool:

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

10. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

So tell the OP your time projection for the next update. This should be good considering your track record for update predictions.

11. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Q4 2010, same as all my other predictions :)

Possible speed bump around Snow Leopard time + never rule out a hard drive size increase. (August 2009, Q3)
    Nothing major before Arrandale though, the speed increase gained from Snow Leopard will boost the existing systems 2/3rds, so there isn't much point focusing on hardware for Apple right now. Thats why we didn't see complete redesigns at the recent refresh, if you can even call it that.

12. schreck macrumors regular

I recognize that I'm in the MacBook Pro subsection, but I really didn't want to create a new thread in the MB area just for this.

What's everyone's thoughts regarding MB updates? I'm referring to just simple processor bumps (2,4 to 2,53 perhaps) and perhaps 7200rpm drives through mac. Could we expect to see these by June/before Snow Leopard?

Thanks.

13. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If those were going to happen, i would say August when Snow Leopard will be released is a good date, however some people are expecting SSD's and i7's in the normal Macbook by Summer, and thats just not going to happen, it cant happen.

14. schreck macrumors regular

I appreciate your response. August is good timing for me, so I have no problem waiting until then.

Early morning for you in London, no?

15. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Before all of the updates last week, you said Apple wouldn't even update a mouse until Steve Jobs returned. I think you were really wrong there. Mac Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and most laughable for me the 15" high-end MBP... Recall you saying it would be seven more months for an upgrade to the MBP... the faster CPU would tick off 17" MBP buyers like yourself is what upgraded on 15" MBP... Ha ha.

I think your predictions are outrageous and from what I have seen, you are completely wrong. Yet, you called me wrong for stating that I thought we would see updates to the MBP and MB every six months. Just like has happened for three years. Guarantee you we see speed bump updates less than 11.5 months... and I was right, you were only off by six months and 25 days. As a "speed bump" update came to the MBP only five days after you exclaimed seven MORE months.

LMAO... It's too funny just how far off you predict anything. Speed bump is what we were talking too... not Clarksfield or Arrandale.

16. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Or other updates: a better keyboard, a better battery cover, a silent trackpad, some coating on the glass, a better line-out port...

There are also people waiting for structural updates and do not care too much about having a processor 10% faster than the current one.

- thistle

17. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

conclusion

Thanks for your answers!!!

So most of you guys mean that i can buy a MBP now, coz there will first be new updates at the end of the summer and maybe first at the end of this year/beginning of 2010?