MacBook Pro Upgrade Date

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by timothyl88, Oct 31, 2010.

1. timothyl88 macrumors newbie

I havent seen any recent forums talking about this. I know from the buyer's guide mbp are going to upgrade soon but how soon? Any rumors hinting when?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked alot

2. kingsal macrumors member

3. Boston007 macrumors 6502

Boston007

I wish somebody knew even within a couple months. I'm in the market for a 13" MBP but it's close to the end of lifecycle for the C2D processor and I want a more updated version before I buy, so I think I'm gonna hold off. Come on Apple hurry up!

4. CorporateFelon macrumors regular

CorporateFelon

I'm wondering if people have asked the day after an update if they should wait or buy now.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you really think they would wait? That question and the question when the next update is coming will be asked on the day of the release, within 60 minutes of this board noticing that the Store Is Down.

Anyway, to "answer" the OP, and any who might not find this thread to not searching, as this is a fairly new question, an update to the MBP line is expected in Q1/2011, when Intel releases Sandy Bridge / Cougar Point and Apple likely adopting it.

6. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Steve called me last night to chat, he mentioned the next update would be April 1, 2011. :D