Macbook Pro upgrade to Montevina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samsoap, Jul 17, 2008.

1. samsoap macrumors newbie

Hey guys, quick question. I need to buy a Macbook Pro before college starts and I need to buy it before August 23rd. I've waited this long and I'm going to go crazy if Apple upgrades the Macbook Pros a month after I buy mine. When do you think they will release the upgraded models and do you think it will be released by August 23rd?

2. ManWithhat macrumors regular

No one knows. Any answer here will be a guess, and there are a million other threads with this exact topic.

My answer? It'll be right around that date (give or take 3 weeks).

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There have been literally dozens of threads on this subject. Please search the forums before posting repetitive threads. The short answer is NO ONE knows but Apple!

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

The good news is that this subject has been discussed repeatedly in several threads, so there's a good chance you'll find all the information you want by searching the forums to see what has already been discussed. MacRumors Guides are also a great resource, specifically this page. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks ggj:)

5. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

That's a joke, right?

I mean, sure, there have been plenty of threads on this subject--but did any of them ever contain any actual useful information? Seems like an awful lot of speculation to me...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It IS all speculation. That's the point. Threads like this do NOT belong in this forum. They belong here:

MacRumors' Page 2 News Discussion (47 Viewing)
    unknown reliability, lesser rumors, or speculation

According to the Forum Rules:

"... Post a new thread in the proper forum. ..."

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

That's why the OP should just save some money and get an older model. That way you already know your computer is outdated.

8. spook2517 macrumors member

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You have no idea. Do not lie to people.