Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
Ok. I feel like a complete idiot asking thing, because to me, it seems like a completely stupid question, but I am going to ask because my host told me this could be my problem.

I have a folder that is 10.2MB and I need to upload it to my server. EVERY SINGLE TIME i try to upload it, it times out. EVERY SINGLE TIME. My host says its not their fault. They said it COULD be my ISP or it could be that my computer has some kind of setting stopping it.. This doesnt sound right, buti guess its possible

So is there any kind ofsecurity setting, or bandwith limiting setting for uploads on a macbook pro>????

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
I'm not an expert here but I know enough to be dangerous as they say lol. Couple of questions first.

What FTP program are you using?

What are you using for your connection? DSL/Cable/other? When uploading the file does it stop at a specific spot? like 5mb in or 9.99mb completed?

It does sound like a setting of some sort, I am unaware of any on the MBP specifically but is there some setting in our FTP program limiting the size? or is it a trail version with some restrictions? (just tossing out idea's :))

Any additional information would help to see if myself or anyone here can help solve this :)

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
I am using FETCH FTP (which i LOVE btw) and it has no limitations.. It stops at a different point every time too..

what in the hell is cyberduck

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
umm I'd rather not waste my time googling a useless comment that clearly is well, useless. I already said i was happy with my FTP. No need to use another. NOT a fan of filezilla either. My question was about the Macbook pro. Is there a setting IN THE MACBOOK PRO because i know theres nothing wrong with my FTP

ssargs

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
A year Later

Ok, I realize this is a year later, but I am having the same problem with my MacBook Pro. No large files will upload, either in the email, FTP or S3 environments.

So. Anyone else?
:mad:

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
it wasnt a YEAR later???!!! not even a month really!

anyways, it wasnt the macbook. it was the internet service provider that was causing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.