MacBook Pro User Looking for Upgrade

tmricks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Louisiana, United States
I am currently using a MacBook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz and love it. I soon began editing HD video and messing around with 3d animations in Cinema 4d on my i7 920 gaming pc but wanted to make the switch over to Mac.

I was wondering what any of you would suggest for what I want to do? Main programs I would be using are After Effects CS4, Photoshop CS4, and Cinema 4d. Would a 15" MacBook Pro i5 do the job or should I keep my current MacBook and go with an iMac or baseline Mac Pro?

Thanks ahead of time. Also I am on a tight budget so keep that in mind (around $2500).

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
For messing around, the 13" MBP will be fine. If you make money with those programs or want better experience with the graphics, a Mac with a dedicated GPU will be in order. If you go the MBP or iMac route depends on your portability needs.

pyramis

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
If you're doing this stuff professionally and therefore sitting in one place for hours editing video, then a Mac Pro may be your ticket. If it's less mission-critical, and will double as your everyday workhorse, the 15" MBP is plenty of power and screen for your needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.