Macbook Pro user needs help opening a game

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Marine1, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Marine1 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am new to this site and would really appreciate any help that could be given regarding my problem. I have been playing Call of Duty 2 on my MacBook Pro os x 10.4.11 1.83 GHz for 2 years. I downloaded a few updates yesterday (security, office, itunes updates) and now I am unable to open the game. I tried trashing the game folder and then re-installing the game and it still doesn't work. Please help. :eek:

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

What happens when you try running the game?

Have you tried repairing drive permissions?

3. Marine1 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I click on the game icon to open it up it just bounces a few times and then dissapears. Its never done that before my upgrade downloads.

How do you repair drive permission?

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Definitely sounds like a drive permissions issue to me.
    To repair them do the following:

Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility -->Click 'Macintosh HD' from the list on the left, then press 'Repair Disk Permissions' from the main window :) Takes a few mins, dont run anything while its happening, restart after when its finished.

5. Marine1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate your help but when I tried that, the game still will not run. Do you have any other suggestions?

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If that hasn't worked or you didn't do it properly then your only option is to reinstall the game.

7. Marine1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried it 3 different times to no avail. I re-installed the game - still no good. Thanks for your time I appreciate it. ;) I'll bring it into the mac store tomorrow.