Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjasko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Ever since Apple's trackpad firmware update that was released in early August, some of us have been having issues with the trackpad almost acting like drag-lock was always enabled.

On August 5, I contacted Apple about this issue and I was assigned to a senior support representative. I've sent them multiple support logs, tried new ways of seeing what's causing it, and listening to all of the instructions Apple's engineers have given my senior support representative.

Today, on September 15, more than a month away from when I've opened the ticket regarding this trackpad issue, my senior support representative contacted me informing me that Apple's engineers are indeed looking into the issue.

The engineers over at Apple have clearly stated to keep a close eye on this article, which was created just about a week ago:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4321?viewlocale=en_US

As of right now, there's nothing we can do but to disable dragging as stated in that article. I've disabled it along with multiple of other options and the issue has not came back for me. You can also disable tap to click and by doing that, you disable dragging along with it.

Most of us Apple users know that Apple is very secretive on whether or not if they're going to release an update to fix this. From talking to my senior support representative, he told me to keep a close watch on that support article; that tells me they're up to something whether that's an update or a fix to finally use dragging without having this issue, which isn't enabled by default anyways.

I know we've all been through a lot of hassles with this issue and sadly, there's nothing we can do now. I'm hoping that this thread might of helped you with this issue, and for now, all we can do is keep a close lookout on that article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.