MacBook Pro valuation....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ifti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Ifti macrumors 68000

Thinking of selling my MacBook and getting a MacBook Air instead.
    Only thing holding me back is I won't be able to use my FireWire drives for when I use imove or final cut, well not without the expense of a TB to FW adaptor....

Don't want to use valuation sites as I have upgraded to a SSD and more RAM in my current system - so how much do you think I would be able to get for it from a private sale??
    Specs are in sig....

2. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

I've been looking at doing the same. Ebay is anything from £550-650 and Gumtree £5-600, you'd probably be better putting in the original hard drive and keeping/selling the SSD seperately

3. jtcedinburgh macrumors regular

Fwiw...

I am just about to finalise a sale of my mid-2009 C2D 13" (2.26GHz, 8Gb, supplied with a brand new 256Gb Crucial M4 SSD) for £750 including VAT (as it's my company laptop) - so I would expect you to achieve that price or slightly higher due to the slightly faster CPU.

Then again, better move quickly as the prices may drop when the new MBPs are announced....

4. borisiii macrumors 6502

I'm not sure you're allowed to ask for a valuation in this sub forum, so let's not go there (my guess would be as good as anyone else's anyway).

What I will say is that if you are thinking of selling, do it NOW. List it on ebay, or put it on gumtree or whatever. The MacBook Pro is rumoured to receive a substantial redesign on June 11th, and the value of your current machine will drop sharply after that date.

I suggest you put it on ebay ASAP and let the market decide what it's worth, then once you've exchanged your MBP for a stack of cash you can decide what laptop you want from the refreshed offerings available from the 11th.

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I dunno, SSD prices appear to be falling rather rapidly.

6. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

Apologies I didn't know that.