Macbook Pro Value

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tony Danger, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tony Danger macrumors member

Tony Danger

Long time lurker here.

Since I'll most likely be getting a new MacBook Pro due to accidentally buying one with single click on Amazon, and caving & keeping it. I'm looking at possibly flogging my old one

However, Mac2Sell is all over the place in terms of valuation these days, I thought I'd ask you folks.

Specs:

Macbook Pro Unibody (2009/2010) 13.3"
    2.26ghz core 2 duo
    8GbRAM
    500GB SSD (I upgraded to it recently. I know that will be a significant cost of the machine)
    4 hours or so on a full battery charge.

The thing runs great, especially since the SSD has been put in it. Handles Yosemite brilliantly.

The main issues, the base of the unit is quite scratched, nothing major.

The track pad is iffy. It doesn't have a physical click anymore. You can use all the tap and gestures fine, so it is still fine for use without any problems. If you were to replace the track pad, you can pick them up for about £40.

Cheers

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

You can easily get an idea on value by checking eBay and see what the current going rate is for a machine of that age.

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I'd say maybe around $250-300 with the stock HDD in it.

You'll be better off putting in a HDD inside and then sell it off. You can keep the SSD for yourself and put it in a USB3 enclosure and continue using it.

4. Tony Danger thread starter macrumors member

Tony Danger

No need for the SSD at home. It wouldn't get used at all.

Also I'm in the UK, so with a stock HDD this model seems to go for about £250-£300 here.

I can't seem tom find any similar spec on the bay with large SSDs inside them to gauge price.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

SSD will not add much

Unfortunately the SSD will ad little to the price I'm afarid £50 I would imagine as best case scenario. That's because anyone happy with buying 5 year old hardware will not even know what an SSD is.

As the previous poster said putting the old HD back in is the way to go and a 500gb SSD in an external enclosure makes a great fast back up disk. If you don't already keep a back up then start...

Of course if it was me it would go to a family member and be kept in the family, for the sake of a few hundred pounds it makes a great little present for a brother , sister, nephew or neice or even parent..