Macbook Pro Vertical Stand ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhelpsiPhan, May 15, 2010.

1. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

Hey guys, i am looking for a specific Macbook pro verticale stand.

The computer sits in it vertically, lengthways (sideways) and with the ports down that plug into the stand.

There are ports on the back of the stand that you can use to plug the comp into an external monitor and usb and whatnot.

I saw it on here a while ago but cannot remember where to find it

Any help would be appreciated guys

Thanks

Jonathan

2. Sulwyn macrumors member

3. PhelpsiPhan thread starter macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

Thats it! Thank you so much mate. I am getting one of theae as soon as i get to the states! This will work closed right?

4. Rogue. macrumors regular

5. FnuGk macrumors regular

please tell us how well or bad it works when you get it. Have been googling it but have yet to find a review where they test it

6. Rogue. macrumors regular

Basically it's a plastic stand that holds in place the standard connection leads.

I wouldn't have thought there is much to review, or much that can go wrong with it. :)

7. iPostpone macrumors member

Henge Docks review

I was lucky to get one of the early 13" MacBook Pro docks from Henge Docks before they ran out of stock. I bought it for my daughter to use in her dorm room. In short, it works great. Takes up little desktop space, and allows for instant connection to all peripherals, e.g., 25" HP monitor, multifunction printer, Apple wired keyboard, portable firewire hard drive, powered speakers, and web cam. The only thing you lose access to is the SD card slot. CD's and DVD's still work fine and remind me of a toaster when they eject vertically.

It takes a bit of fiddling to get all of the cables seated in the dock correctly (especially Ethernet, and make sure to break off the tab on the RJ-45 connector so it doesn't get stuck in your MacBook), but it's been pretty flawless in operation. Holds the MacBook securely, and has no heat buildup problems at all. Occasionally, I have to remove and reconnect the Macbook to get the monitor to recognize it, but that's not the norm.

If you're MacBook's AC adapter comes with the new style Magsafe connector, you'll have to buy another AC adapter with the old style connector, but I wanted an extra one anyway.

For those that bemoan the loss of their laptop screen, you can still hook up two external monitors if you get one of the USB to DVI adapters like this:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other+World+Computing/VIDU2DVIA/