Macbook Pro Video Cable

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JonnyAlpha, Nov 19, 2010.

1. JonnyAlpha macrumors regular

Hi;

Iv got a 15 inch macbook pro which is about 2 years old. According to the "About My Mac" its a macbook pro 5.1.

I need a cable to connect it to the VGA connector on my LCD TV so I can use it to watch DVDs on a bigger screen.

I know I need a VGA to VGA cable but which adaptor cable do I need as this macbook has a proprietary apple video out socket.

My mackbook is the version with the odd smart card socket (whatever they are) and its got an nVidia 9400M and a 9600M GT Gfx Card

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

3. MBPnoob macrumors regular

hopefully this doesn't hijack the thread too much, but I was just about to make a new thread with the same title.

I have a Vizio 1080p HDMI input TV and I would like to plug my MBP up to it.
    15 inch, i5, mid 2010.

On monoprice, there is a mini display to HDMI, but no audio! Well, that sucks.
    I know I need to do a search for a cable with audio, but everything I see is a breakout box that you plug the HDMI cable into. Well, that sucks too!

If my only option is the breakout box, can you recommend the "best" one? Thanks a ton. :D

4. MBPnoob macrumors regular